New amenities include 1,000-space parking deck, new signature restaurants and more
JACK officially arrived in North Randall today with the unveiling of $70 million in new amenities, including a 1,000-space parking structure, exciting new restaurants, an impressive grand entrance and more than 200 new state of the art Video Lottery Terminals (VLTs), all designed to solidify the racino as the area’s premier entertainment destination.
“This investment is consistent with our commitment to the historic Thistledown Racino, to providing our team members with an enjoyable and productive work environment and to offering our guests an exciting racing and gaming experience,” said Matt Cullen, JACK Entertainment chief executive officer. “JACK Entertainment is focused on a new level of entertainment for Northeast Ohio and we believe this renovation lives up to that expectation.”
In addition to new management and a distinctive new brand, JACK Thistledown guests will enjoy extraordinary amenities and conveniences throughout the property, beginning with a 1,000-space, multi-level parking garage which opens directly onto the property gaming floor.
Guests also will appreciate the property’s new glass grand entrance which gives way to a “living wall” comprised of 7,000 plants from 10 different species, cared for by a high-tech, self-sufficient irrigation system. The 1,200-square-foot wall pays homage to Northeast Ohio’s Emerald Necklace of renowned parks.
Once inside the property, racino guests will be delighted to find 235 new VLTs with many popular themes, including Wonder 4 Tower, Quick Hit, Buffalo Grand and China Shores.
Thistledown guests also will discover several distinct restaurant options.
- Millcreek Grille, JACK Thistledown’s signature restaurant, serves a variety of steaks, seafood, and pizzas made in a wood-fired, gourmet oven. Guests can enjoy lunch or dinner seven days a week at a 360-degree, granite bar top in the center of the restaurant or at private tables. For those interested in watching our thrilling thoroughbred competitions, Millcreek overlooks the racetrack.
- Nonna Pazza, which means “crazy grandma” in Italian, is a quick-serve pasta bar where guests can design their own pasta dish or choose from the chef’s menu. Nonna Pazza offers guests bar top seating or meals to go.
- Cleo’s, a name created to tip a hat to the racetrack’s 90-year history in Cleveland, is a one-of-a kind sports bar. Guests can play 13 varieties of bar top Keno while watching unlimited sports action on eight 80-inch TV screens surrounding a center bar. Four additional TVs can be combined to create a super 110-inch screen for big game and racing action. Cleo’s also offers live entertainment.
“We will have no shortage of excitement and surprises at JACK Thistledown,” said Mark Dunkeson, JACK Entertainment president and chief operating officer. “With the launch of our new brand and the transition of management – which includes the addition of incredible new leaders, a revitalized team and a fresh, shared vision – our first priority is to provide exceptional experiences for our guests.”
The enhanced atmosphere at JACK Thistledown kick starts an exciting thoroughbred racing season, which begins April 25 and runs for 100 race days. In addition to the indoor enhancements, JACK Thistledown is adding a new, 20-by-50 feet infield, digital tote board that features live real-time races, simulcast racing and digital results.
The Grand Opening
Guests are invited to join JACK for celebrations throughout the weekend of April 8-10, 2016. JACK Thistledown will host a “Three for the Road” giveaway, in which guests can enter to win a 2016 Ford Mustang, Explorer or F-150 during the three day celebration. Guests who sign up for the new ClubJACK player loyalty card will receive a free JACK T-shirt and up to $100 in free play. Live bands will provide nightly entertainment at the JACK Thistledown bars on April 8, 9 and 10.
The JACK Brand
Thistledown Racino became JACK Thistledown Racino on March 9, 2016. The JACK brand represents the company’s progressive spirit, pursuit of excellence and desire to deliver guests with unexpected, delightful experiences every day. JACK is bold, innovative, committed to urban revitalization, with a few surprises thrown in for good measure.
JACK Entertainment will finalize the transition of three other properties this year:
- Horseshoe Cleveland will become JACK Cleveland Casino in early May.
- Horseshoe Cincinnati will become JACK Cincinnati Casino in early June.
- Greektown Casino-Hotel will become JACK Detroit Casino-Hotel Greektown later this year.
# # #