Casino Cincinnati announced today that it has awarded more than 75 percent of contracts for casino goods and services to Cincinnati-area and Ohio vendors. These pre-opening and 2013 operational contracts, valued at more than $27 million, represent a variety of products including uniforms, food and beverage, facilities, furniture and professional services.
“A broad range of goods and services are required to operate a casino around-the-clock,” said Horseshoe Cincinnati Senior Vice President and General Manager Kevin Kline. “To maximize local and statewide vendor participation, we established a very transparent and inclusive process to inform area companies about our needs,” he said.
Last spring Horseshoe Cincinnati leaders hosted numerous supplier-vendor outreach meetings to share the casino’s sourcing and procurement process. With the support of several business and minority community stakeholders such as the CincinnatiUSA Chamber, South Central Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council (SCOMSDC), and the Ohio River Valley Women’s Business Council, more than 500 local business owners attended. A key goal of the outreach was to also ensure meaningful supplier diversity. As a result, 15 percent of the casino vendor contracts were awarded to Minority-, Woman-, Disabled- or Disadvantaged Business Enterprises. “As our business matures we will continue to seek additional local and diversity vendor opportunities going forward,” Kline said.
Some Cincinnati businesses that are providing goods and services to Horseshoe Cincinnati are:
- Cintas Corporation –The uniform expert provides most of the uniforms worn by casino team members and manages the casino’s onsite wardrobe room
- Empire Corporation Transportation (WBE/Veteran-Owned) –Provides shuttle service between the casino and its seven downtown partner hotels
- Oscar Robertson Solutions (MBE) – Supplier of copy, printer and fax machines
- RCF Group (MBE) – Administrative office furniture supplier
- Delhi Foods (WBE) – Wholesaler providing fresh fruit and vegetables
- Rumpke Recycling – One of the largest Midwest recycling companies, Rumpke supplies trash containers, recycling services and trash pick-up
- Wright Brothers Global Gas (WBE) –This seller and distributor of high-performance specialty and industrial gases is providing carbon dioxide for fountain soda and bars inside the casino
- Xerve (MBE) – A member of the Foxx family of companies, Xerve provides ongoing facility maintenance services inside the casino